You have decided to buy a used boat in San Diego, congratulations! However, it’s important to be confident in the design, quality and feel of the boat on the water before you make such a large investment. Here are a few things that any prospective boat buyer in San Diego should keep in mind.
Make sure all fittings and hardware use high-quality stainless steel in their construction. Other items should use solid, durable materials that are also aesthetically pleasing.
- Struts that keep hatch lids open
- Effectual nonskid surfaces on deck
By purchasing a boat, whether a Bertram Flybridge or a used Azimut yacht in San Diego, you are committing to spending a decent amount of time on the vessel. Therefore, it’s important to evaluate how you felt when on the boat.
- Were you comfortable sitting at the helm?
- Did you have sufficient legroom?
- Were the controls easily accessible?
- Was your field of vision unrestricted when standing and sitting?
And finally, it’s important to take any prospective boat out for a test drive to make sure that everything is a good working order. Then, ask yourself the following questions to determine how satisfied you were with the boat’s performance.
- How did the boats operate?
- Did the controls shift easily?
- How did each engine sound? Was there any vibration? Was the noise level distracting or interfere with normal conversation?
- Did the boat maneuver well at low and high speeds?
Boat designs incorporate various features that are conducive to certain activities. So it’s also important to look for the boat or yacht that best utilizes these distinctive features for the activities that you enjoy.
Buying a boat is a delicate balance of objective reasoning and subjective evaluation. However, if you need assistance with the selection process, don’t hesitate to reach out to the expert boat brokers at Ballast Point Yachts, Inc. and check out our wide selection of used San Diego boats for sale. Call (619) 222-3620 for more information or to schedule an appointment to view our current inventory.